We facilitate the public policy debate, legislative activity, and advocacy efforts in the disability field through the dissemination of research. Advocates use our data to advocate for better services for people with disabilities.
We provide press releases, participate in press conferences and offer expertise to media outlets like New York Times, Chicago Reader, Fox News and Chicago Tribune.
This knowledge and data educates policymakers on issues of importance to the disability community, and they in turn request information from our research.
- Integrated Care Program in Illinois
- Leadership Institute for People with Disabilities
- Ligas year 2 report
- Mental/behavioral health services: Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services 1915(c) waiver allocation for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Policy to practice: Falls in adults with intellectual disabilities
- Racial and ethnic disparities among adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities
State Operated Developmental Centers
- Analysis of movement from Illinois SODCs 2010-12
- Evaluation of Howe Developmental Center closure
- Evaluation of Jacksonville Developmental Center closure